Friday, December 6, 2013

Special Ed. Thanksgiving Dinner


Special Ed. Thanksgiving Dinner


by Trina Hooker
The children aided with adults enjoying their meal.




The week before break, teachers of the Special Ed. hosted their annual Thanksgiving Dinner open to all Burbank students and teachers alike. This event was so heartwarming and loving, it'll hold a special place in my memories of Burbank.

Mr. Polo.

I was referred to Mr. Polo as he was the "Boss" man of this event. After asking for his permission to attend the event, I immediately began snapping picture after picture with my iPhone. I would have asked Mr. Hull for a nice camera, but there were too many photo oppertunites appearing.

Mr. Corona, VAPA (SLC 7) Counselor
Little by little I started to get wrapped up in the bits of happiness that was compressed into the tiny room. "Oh, everyone's just there to eat." a fellow VAPA teacher had said, but I thought differetly. As I snapped more and more pictures, every thing I captured on camera was awesome. Not one bad photo. Teachers and students from all SLCs came together and chatted excitedly inside and out side of room. Even Mr. Corona posed for a picture!











All of the delicious food served at the Dinner.

Students making their plates.
There was so much going on I wanted to take pictures of everything! So many jokes were splashed I had an unremovable smile plastered on my face. "Noooo~" A girl said weakly. "Don't take my pictuuuure~!" and then she bursted into laughter. 

I then proceded outside of the crowded room, saying "Newspaper Club!" to everyone I could and only got a shot of Mr. Lazaga, the gym teacher.
My former gym teacher, Mr. Lazaga.


I tried to get a picture of Mr. Polo pigging out on his plate, but Mr. Lazaga nudged me playfully in the back, giving me parental look. I scrunched up my eyebrows and smirked and falsely stomped back into the tiny room, snapping more pictures. The food seemed to disappear.
The leftovers of a good meal.
















A student gawking McClatchy's beard.







I went into B4 and got some good pictures of the participants in there also. I caught Mr. McClatchy talking to a student, at this time his was three days into Fear the Beard challenge.






Two students looking awesome for a picture.
Mr. McElheney and Mr. Mamola
"Pretending like you're eating! She's taking a picture."
After I took a picture of this group they requested me to do
the same photo again on the pink cell phone.
Everyone grabbing for a delicious portion of the offered food,



I buzzed around each table asking to snap a picture for the Titan Ledger. Laughingly, they agreed and posed in their best formation, "OK"ing me for the shot.












Actually I wanted to get a plate, but by the time I was done snapping photos I was full-

of happiness!

I hadn't even eaten anything for lunch, but I was just full for some reason. I was just so happy and beaming, I didn't need to eat!

I just know one thing, and that's the fact, I will be covering this story again next.

(And maybe get me a plate!)


No comments:

Post a Comment